It is now perfectly possible to grow up without needing a filling. The key to avoiding problems and maintaining excellent dental health is the control of dental plaque. We spend time showing patients skills and techniques to control the factors that cause gum disease and tooth decay. The following are available in the practice:
- Fluoride treatment applied to the surface of permanent teeth on a regular basis from when the teeth first appear in the mouth as a child.
- Fissure sealant is a way of sealing the surface of permanent back teeth when there is already evidence of decay in milk teeth.
- Plaque disclosure is an old technique using modern materials to show inefficient tooth brushing.
- Brushing and flossing demonstrations to improve skills and techniques.
- Minimal Intervention The latest techniques for filling cavities without removing healthy tooth tissue lost in older cavity design.